Saturday, May 12, 2012

Broken Dreams

I took a step into the dark cold night
I looked up to see there were no stars to wish on in sight,
Oh but what I saw filled be with dread
Broken wishes of those whose hope was dead
Broken wishes floated high above me
I realized they were silently searching for the key
If found, this key would release my hope and allow it to go away
In fear my mind screamed yet left me no words to say
Then I realized that the key was my fear
I call for my hope but my hope is not here
I wanted to run and never look back
But, with no hope in my heart my dreams began to crack
"My dreams will not break!" I screamed out loud
"My dreams will not break for they are much too proud!"
But my pride bgan to dissolve along with my dream
I quickly glanced up but found no wishes I had not seen
Where is my dream? I wonered, I wish for a sign
I glanced up once more and found a new broken dream, this dream was mine

No comments: