Thursday, February 24, 2011

Take Another

It's almost gone.
I wish I had more.
Of happy, that is, which is going fast.
Maybe I could have another shot.
To tell the truth, I don't got a lot.
Maybe a friend would do,
But they wouldn't know what to do.
No one likes a gal without a smile.
All we ever want is another chance,
To make things right.
Whatever it takes to get through the night.
A wince, or a crooked smile,
Is better than frowning for a while.
Which is what I do.
All the time,
They say it's a crime.
But what else can I see?
Where else can I go?
People don't like a girl without confidence.
And there is nothing to say in my defense.
No one looks at me,
And if they do, they look away.
But so you know, there's more to life,
Then just a lot of boring days.
To you, I say,
Take another.
Of everything you can, air, laughs, days,
Whatever isn't willing to pay.
Please, when you're old and dying
Alone and crying
Never laughing
Continually gasping
And grasping at that last bit of life,
You'll know what I mean.

No comments: