Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Need You

Upon a dark and stormy night, you left me alone.
You left and walked away, I wept for what seemed like days.
I thought that we could be together, but its true that your a soldier and you had to go and fight.
I'm sorry I cried, but it hurt to see you leave.
I knew that I may never see your beautiful eyes, or glare upon your handsome face again.
I wish this war were over and you could return to me, I love you, truly and always.
If you were here we could be together, I can't stand your absence.
In the mornings when I wake you aren't around to whisper sweet nothings to me.
I need you and cannot be without you.
Please return to me unharmed, I need your arms to protect me, and your love to surround me.
I promised myself I'd never give anyone everything, but you, you're different, and my everything is yours, but I need you here to receive my love.

No comments: