Thursday, February 24, 2011

Crashing Waves

I want to drive away to the sunrise and the crashing waves,
Taken by the meadow of grass and singing country songs,
I want to sink my feet in the sand and let the stress fade,
Quietness in the world, because I am the only one walking along,
All alone with my own thoughts, against the never ending sea,
Seeking at the fog that surrounds the mountains, like a beautiful picture
A slow, peaceful melody dances in my head, and I close my eyes in glee,
As the feelings inside me glisten to happy, and become one big mixture.

I want to drive away there, and never return.
To stand at the shoreline, arms crossed at my chest,
So, I got in my car, and drove because my heart turned.
The roads that lead me there, I always knew best.
I took shortcuts, and stopped the car in a sandy parking spot.
I started walking towards the steps to sea level, and saw a bit of blue.
People were still here, laughing, talking about the fish they caught.
This wasn't exactly right, but moments like this can help it come true.

It made me take one step back to look at my life, and I smiled at the sun rising in the sky.
I breathed in a few breaths of air, closed my eyes, and for the first time...
I felt like I could fly.


No comments: