Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Mountain Painter

In valleys green, amongst the crystal lakes,
I calmly lay under the amber sun,
It's rays embracing me like mother's warmth
As I now close my eyes in pleasant thought.
Envisioning this Eden that surrounds
And what these calloused hands shall bring to life,
My heart is stricken with such thoughts of glee
And inspiration shines in sudden burst.
I now breathe in the moistened, mountained air,
Giving my lungs relief from summer's heat.
I taste the freshened dew of early morn'
So cool to tongue and sweet upon my lips.
Today, I lose myself in my sweet craft
And start to work with canvas and paintbrush.
Oh how the purple mountains do reach the sky
And reflect on the crystal lakes, like glass!
Where does the sky begin and earth falter?
Oh how the sea of green does overwhelm
With towering trees and endless grassy fields.
How lovely are the golden daffodils
Waving amongst the wind like ocean waves.
And as the amber sun now fades away,
It's dimming hues bring forth the coming night.
My canvas, I must put away till dawn,
And start again upon first morning light.

No comments: