Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Lonely Broken Heart

There's no way to hide it, darling.
I can see you within.
Deep down, you're broken inside.
Hiding many secrets from the world.
You aren't what you once where.
Not the girl I used to know.
That fake smile; it doesn't prove a thing.
You changed into something new.
A clone, a poser, it's what you are.
Trying to fit in with what you aren't.
Truthfully, I'm happy your group left you behind.
Perhaps it will teach you a lesson.
You have nothing now, you see, they never treated you right.
They never cared.
I always was aware.
I tried to warn you numerous times.
You didn't listen to my words.
You chose them over me.
Popularity over one who would give you more love and warmth than anyone ever could.
You're attempting to come crawling back to me, you seek my attention, or do you?
Maybe you're just lonely, left behind.
You lack friendship.
You know you have no best friend.
You have many people in your life, yet you feel so alone.
You feel dead inside.
Broken, sorry, lonely.
You have no one to share your deepest, darkest secrets with.
You keep it in.
You try to be apart of the popularity.
You try to believe you're the best thing that ever walked the earth.
Deep down, you know you aren't.
You long for a best friend.
I could've been that.
Yet you betrayed me, and gave me up for everything else.
Other people, far more better than I could ever be.
One thing they couldn't beat me in; love.
I could've given you so much more.
You threw that oppurtunity away.
One day, you'll regret it. You'll regret every second of it.
Maybe today is that day.

No comments: