Monday, October 31, 2011

My Last Love Letter

I've made my decision;
I'm not changing my mind.
I'm saying goodbye
To the life I must leave behind.
But I have a task to do
Before I go;
I must write I letter
To my used to be paramour.
You see, I loved him
And I now love him even more
But I made a mistake
In which his heart
I unintentionally tore.
And once I realized
I was a complete fool for doing so,
He found another lover
And I was then engulfed
With agonizing sorrow.
I tried to hide my pain
And put on a smile
Whenever they walk by.
But as soon as I'm alone,
I crawl up into a ball
And spontaneously cry.
I cannot keep this up any longer
So in the letter below
I will write to my former lover
And explain to him
Why I must go:
"By the time you read this
I would already be gone.
But I just want to let you know
What I've been holding in
For so long.
I miss your
Deep blue eyes
Staring passionately into mine.
I miss your
Warm gentle hands;
The feeling I'd get
When yours and mine entwined.
I miss your
Charming sense of humor;
How it always
Brightened up my day.
I even miss your lips;
Though we never kissed,
You always knew
What to say.
I miss your protective arms;
How I felt when they embraced me.
And most of all,
I miss your love;
I can't believe you fell away
So easily.
As I wrap up this letter
With tears falling down my cheeks,
I'll swallow the pill
And finally get to rest
In peace."
I've made my decision;
It's too late to change my mind.
I've said goodbye
To the life I left behind.

No comments: