Friday, August 5, 2011

Where do I begin?

Agonizingly, pulling myself together
Sewing my soul into a kindred resemblance
Molding my tattered remains into a person
Yet, this is not me; simply an artificial replica
Nothing can bring me internal peace
The sadness & loneliness stay; old friends
Chaos edges into my twisted thoughts
My emotions corrupted; indecisive
I need to fill this empty space
This hallow hole, this black void
The grim realization of depression,
Haunting me, stealing what little I have left
I constantly change, not staying for too long
My cold hands fiend for some warmth
My body longs for a comforting embrace
My bones start to ache; tired and old
I need an outlet; an eternal escape
The taunting grief nags at my sanity
This detrimental darkness suffocates
Only the shape of a person left
The emotions, the words, the life
All faded into an empty abeyance
Grief lingers; never taking it's leave
All that I was; stripped away
No longer myself; lost
I have to find me
Where do I begin?

No comments: