Thursday, August 11, 2011

StillBorn

"Push!"the doctor tells me
As I do what I am told
"Count to ten" says the nurse
As my breathing I control.

After a few more pushes
My baby boy is out
But something isn't right?
There's no cry, no scream or shout.

"What is wrong with him?"
I get the energy to ask
Looking over at my baby
On his face they place a mask.

I ask the same question
But this time i'm more upset
The nurses try to calm me down
And another doctor they go get.

Rushing from the room
My baby is taken away
"I want to hold my baby boy!,
Why can't he just stay?!"


Then everything goes silent
Before the doctor speaks
I know that something's wrong
My eyes begin to leak.

"I'm sorry for your loss,
Ma'am, i'm sorry you must mourn
But the child you delivered
Has come out a stillborn..."


Inspiration - Written by a great friend of mine

No comments: