Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meant To Live

Shut the door forever
Cause that's the only way I knew
When someone leaves your life
You shut out your family too.
Alone on rainy nights
Cause I ignored their every call
When people leave your life
You can't get back them all.
Walking towards the bridge
Cause I felt I had to end it
When pain overtakes your heart
You feel nothing can mend it.
Got a call from someone
Who was gonna jump the bridge
I told them not to do it
Because our lives are meant to live.
We both turned around
Cause of what we learned that day
When someone leaves your life
You can start to go astray.
We met and talked for hours
Cause we both needed advice
He gave me love and wisdom
And I started to live my life.
Smiling for the first time
Cause I knew what I felt was real
When someone comes into your life
Your heart can start to heal.
So I'm glad I got a call from someone
Who was gonna jump the bridge
Because I told them not to do it
And now I know, we're meant to live.

No comments: